Alright, here we go. The week that we (the party goers) have all been waiting for. Or, should I say, the weekend, we have all been waiting for. I don’t want to spoil it for you just yet, but as you can imagine there are tons of shows/parties/things to do this weekend around the valley. So, in the meantime, to get you prepared, this week on the blog is going to be focusing on things that can be associated with Halloween (October 31st) but more specifically with people/topics that can be associated with Dia de los Muertos (November 1st and 2nd).
Check out what’s coming up for the week ahead:
1. Dia de los Muertos y Halloween. Don’t get too trashed on Friday night that you can’t make it out to the festivities on Saturday and Sunday. The weekend of Dia de los Muertos is never one miss out on in the desert. In honor and in the spirit of this upcoming weekend, this week on the blog is going to focus some attention on local Latin artists that are based out of the Coachella Valley, from the Date Farmers to some Rock en Espanol groups around the desert…
2. Opinions and Politics. I am really excited for next Tuesday. Personally, I have been really in the mood to debate, to voice my opinion, and to share my knowledge with as many people as I know. Seems to me as if some other people are in the spirit of politics as well. More so in the spirit of debating local politics, and even more specifically, the politics of the art “scene”. So, in theme and spirit of Voting Day, November 4th, I thought it would be interesting to bring some politics, opinions and debates of the election to the blog. It’s all politics, it’s all a matter of opinion, and it’s ll gravy baby.
3. Steven Preston’s Vimeos. Back by popular demand.
4. FREE: Films, Events, Music. Lots, and lots, and lots, and lots of things to do around the desert that are free, fun and fresh. This week will also be spotlighting free publications that are being put out D.I.Y. style by local desert movers and doers. Plus, it’s rumored that Alf Alpha has another free mix coming out. Last one was Alf Alpha’s favorite classic Hip Hop songs, this one is said to be a Funky Disco Mix. I’ll keep ya updated on that one.
5. Things 2 Do Thursdays. Hey! This weekend is loaded with Halloween shows. You gotta come back to check it out. There is a little something for everyone. And, if you’re up for it, let me know what you’re wearing this Halloween and I will post some pictures.
Thanks for reading! And if you would like to share something with the blog, please write me at firstname.lastname@example.org.