Excuse me as I post late. With this change of weather, my immune system is taking a strain.
To keep things warm in rotation, I encourage everyone to go VOTE for your favorite artists! We have had excellent responses coming in. This is going to be great! The official ballots will be coming in this weekend.
Speaking of weekends, this last weekend didn’t have many shows, but good news is that this weekend is the exact opposite. This weekend is packed with things to do. For instance, Friday already has like 5 shows to choose from. It’s gonna be a fun one.
Come on… winter is for cozy parties and warm whisky.
Things to take a shot at this week are:
1. Twitter. I still don’t know how I feel about this. But that’s the same way I felt about myspace and facebook when I first joined. Technology is so weird, it’s just like real life, when getting to know a social network, it really takes time and some bonding. But anyways, enough with the mushy Internet stuff, twitter is outta control. And you should join. And we should like keep each other updated with what we are doing like every second of everyday, because that is just like totally normal. Haha… www.twitter.com/thecvartscene
2. VOTE! The nomination process is almost coming to a halt. Make sure to keep updated when we do the final voting for the Coachella Valley’s Best of 2008!
3. Interviews. Man oh man, I was so busy these past couple weeks that I wasn’t able to squeeze an interview into the blog mix, well, now I have some down time and now I present to youwith some really cool, interesting interviews. This week shall most likely feature an art group around the desert who is catching everyone’s eye, whether you realize it or not.
4. Skate Videos. Alright, so this dude named Andrew sent me the sickest skate video from the desert. It’s bad ass and I think you will dig it too. No, wait, never mind. I know you will dig it too. Come back around Wednesday/Thursday to peep it.
5. FREE. Free films, free tarotreadings, free this, free that… people are giving, giving, giving all around the desert and it’s up to you to receive, receive, receive. Come back to see what’s free.
6. Things 2 Do Thursdays. Party time. Excellent. Start mixing that “special” egg nog that you bring to all the parties every holiday season, because this weekend the parties are on and strong again. ‘Tis the season!!!
7. Vacation. Hey, so the blog is going to be on vacation for a bit. The 24-1st. Please send me any party information around that time in advanced because I will be out of the country and will not be able to post at my leisure. If you don’t send your flyer by the 24th, then it probably wont get posted!!! email me: firstname.lastname@example.org or myspace me.