When the weather changes like this in the desert… things just get weird. Kinda spooky.
I’ve noticed that people disappear off the streets, the restaurants lack customers, the parks empty, the kids indoors.
But, all this is not good.
In rainy weather times like this, I think it is best to get out and socialize. I mean, the least you can talk about with strangers is the weather. Right?
Below are a list of things that shall be featured on the blog this week that encourage all who read to get up, get out, and get to know the rest of the art community out there.
And, feel free to use any one of these blog posts as an “ice-breaker” at any one of these events. Because, the whole “weather thing” does get a bit old.
Here are some conversation topics for the week ahead on the Coachella Valley Art Scene website:
1. Valentine’s Day. It’s for all the lovers and it’s for all the haters. Whichever team you bat for, the blog would like to hear your feelings on the holiday. If you would like to give a love shout out to that special someone, please send us an email with your message. If you would like to send a message out why you hate the holiday, please send an email to us. We will be posting all the emails on Wednesday or Thursday. Make sure to get your message in by then! Email the love/hate letters to: email@example.com
2. The Berrics. Okay, okay, I will be the first one to admit it… I go on the Berrics website pretty often. I have watched all the skate competitions, really enjoy their Buttery Ass Monday posts, their Wednesday posts, and checked out everything else… except maybe the Zach the Intern feature. Anyways, I was snooping around on some local blogs and I came to discover that the Epidemic Skate team went to the Berrics! So, I gotta cover that. That’s cool.
3. Modernism Week. This week in Palm Springs it’s Modernism Week. I will be covering a little here, a little there, so stay tuned to see what’s happening.
4. PS Art Museum. This week at the museum there are some cool things going down. There will be an Artists in Action event that I think you will really dig. And there will also be another FREE film. And for all you film lovers who are out there reading this who don’t go to the films… tisk tisk!
5. The usuals. FREE: Films, Events, Music and things 2 Do Thursday are gonna be stacked. Excited.
6. Interviews. We have a couple interviews baking in the oven and we have a couple to serve. Whose hungry?
7. Myspace, Twitter, Facebook, oh my! Let’s be virtual friends. I’m low maintenance. I promise. I might even photo comment you. nah jk. But, be sure to stay updated on the forever changing website. New links on the myspace! Did you see??
Thanks for reading!