life is well in the Coachella Valley.
Less heat exhaustion, more productivity.
Always a good thing.
This week on the Coachella Valley Art Scene celebrates the cooler temperatures by exploring new territory in and around the desert. We hike hills, we dig up dirt, and we meet new people.
We do things that we have been brainstorming to do all summer long, so it is such a relief to see it actually all come to fruition!
Cool out, and relax to this week’s topics:
1. The Date Farmers X Fifty24SF Recap. Any Upper Playground fans out there? Well, there are a few here on the CVAS blog that are. We went up a week ago or so to SF to document the making and opening ceremony for the Date Farmer’s solo show at Fifty24SF and we are finally ready to recap the event… pictures, text, video and all…. a multi-media experience. I think you’ll be interested in this one for sure. Because, really… who in the desert doesn’t love the Bay area? And how good is it to know that people in the Bay love the desert?
2. Sounds of the Desert. I am excited about this one. I got some really good mixes from some of the desert’s hidden charms. I have two DJs, one an old school hip hop legend of the desert and the other a very well known dub/reggae DJ. It’s too good to be true. Have you ears thanks them later.
3. Commercial Break. We have been having too much gibber gabber and not enough commercial breaks! Our sponsors would be so upset! Just kidding… we have no sponsors, but we do have commercials… of youtube finds from around the desert.
4. Poetry. Someone suggested to me that I bring the verbal arts of the Coachella Valley into the light a couple weeks ago and I am doing just that this week. I have poetry from one of the desert’s most popular thespians out there. 😉
5. INTERVIEW: Fresh Out The Box. If there is one kinda person I really admire… it’s a young entrepreneur, and that is exactly what Eddie over at Fresh Out the Box is. He is educating all of us on urban street fashion culture. And we got a lot to learn.
6. Bloggity Blogs. Blogs worth blogging about. Okay, well, in my opinion… all blogs have a little relevance… ya know, they’re independent news… that DIY culture. I respect all. But! There are some that I just personally enjoy more than others. This week I point out some new blogs that I have found and want to share with you all. And, of course, they are all based out of the desert.
7. Explorations of the Desert. Way far back… back in the Indian Canyons back… those kinda desert explorations. come and check out the photos a little later this week.
8. Things 2 Do Thursdays. Party over here… party over there. Names, lineups, addresses and cover charges all provided right here on the CVAS. HOller!
Thanks for sending another week with us! It’s gonna be a fun one! Stay tuned and keep an eye out for all the updates. To be the first to know what’s going on, add us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/thecvartscene
Or, to get involved, email us email@example.com