Just when you thought that last week was solid in terms of people, places and things going on, this week takes it all to a whole new level.
I’ve told you once, and I’ll tell you again…. this is an amazing time in Coachella Valley’s music history.
Not only are the weekends super packed with good quality shows staring your local music acts at your local bar, but are so are the week days now. And who is making this all happen? – YOU are!
When you support your local scene, it starts to support you. You’ve got your our back, and we’ve got yours. We’re all in this together.
It’s truly a beautiful thing to see nights packed at the Ace, lines outside of J Dee’s, and super crazy after parties at the nearest bachelor pad (pointing my finger at you guys, Jack & Pete). It’s rad. And, best thing is, if we can keep this momentum going, it’s only going to continue to get better!
Sony Bono would hate us right now!
This week is a straight party on the blog:
1. D O W N T O W N Party Recap. Thank you to everyone who came out this past Saturday to the Ace Hotel x DJ Alf Alpha’s event. It was a lot of fun. For those who couldn’t make it, there is always next month. Make sure to come here for some of our favorite photos from the night and also check on Facebook to see if I took a good one of ya.
2. Hip Hop Ya Don’t Stop. Tonight (Tuesday), tomorrow night (Wednesday), and Thursday night there will be the valley’s latest and greatest of the current hip hop scene rocking the stage in Palm Springs at J Dee’s, Space 120, and the Amigo Room. Word up.
3. Bandcamp. Last week things got really crazy on this end of the computer and we weren’t able to find the dog-gone-blog time to get this post up – so, this week we are going for it. Bandcamp, for those who don’t know, is a new website where bands can easily upload their music and share it with others… ya know, what myspace used to be. So yeah, we got a whole list of desert bands who are uploading their music to this site and can’t wait to share it with you all.
4. Beefy Blog. The Cyclists. You’ve seen ’em. Those groups of crazies that bike in the 100 degree weather. You see them in places you never thought you would. Down streets you never thought they’d go. And somehow, there is always at least on there. The cyclists. Desert cyclist culture captures in this month’s Beefy Blog.
5. Explorations of the Desert: House Party. What is better than a really good, epic, house party? Very few things can top one of those. Sarah explores a desert house party.
6. Get Outta Town. The Palm Springs Art Museum continues to offer round trip tickets to their theater to watch foreign films with them. So take them up on their offer and check out a film, and a country, that you haven’t yet. Oh! And this weekend the museum opens up for free to the community again!! Woo hoo! Air conditioning and art for all!
7. Commercial Break: Big Pimpin. There is this dude out here in the desert, he goes by the name of Pimpin’ Quinn, and he is too dope. This week our commercial break is inspired by the young MC on his grind.
8. Randoms. Lots of stuff going on, who knows what will make it onto the blog and what won’t. If you got a cool event coming up, make sure to email me or hit me up on Facebook. I check everything.
9. Things 2 Do Thursdays. This is my favorite post of the week. It’s the most rewarding. After your long work week, you deserve to party with your friends. Here is where you can find a few good places to do so, and support your local artists/economy/scene while doing so.