We got a lot in store for you within these next couple of days. Actually, more specifically, in the next couple of two days. This week we are revving up our engines and will be posting a bunch of information in big huge chunks in super small amounts of time. So, if we start to bombard your Facebook feed or your Twitter status updates, don’t say we didn’t warn you ahead of time. Have no fear though, we wouldn’t clutter your online livelihood with spam, all that we will be posting is links to vital information that we are sharing on the blog.
The reason as to why all this CVAS information will be coming at such a fast and furious rate this week is because we are going out of town for business on Thursday and can’t guarantee that we will have time to be near a computer very often while away. So, we thought it would only be polite if we just post before we depart, rather than keep you hanging while we are gone. This is just a temporary happening, as we will be back home Monday morning and back to the regular program.
So, let’s get it started! Put the petal to the metal and let’s goooooooo!:
1. The Big, Bad, Mean, Lean Music Scene. Summer time is famous for a couple things… girls in bathing suites, the scent of sunblock, and parties. Throughout this entire summer in the Coachella Valley the party scene has been going off! And not like… the house-party party scene… no, the ‘organized party’ scene that is popping off almost every day of the week at local businesses around the valley. Hats off to all those community organizers that are making it happen. This week in the desert doesn’t fall short of things to do, places to go, and bands to see. Music from local acts get a spotlight as well as bands from Los Angeles and other parts of the US too. The music scene is alive and well. Yes sir. Make sure to keep tuning back in for all of our individual updates and spotlights on what’s going on.
2. Follow Ups to Artistic Projects. About a month ago or so we posted that local visual artist, Cristopher Cichocki, was going to be traveling to Brazil for his big art show… well, this week we want to follow up on his experience out there and show you guys what he has been up to so far. At this moment, he is just in the pre-production side of things, as the big art show will be in a few days. We are proud that Cichocki is repping the Coachella Valley all the way out in Brazil. Word! And, on the same not, a few weeks ago we let you know that Phillip K Smith has an artist residency at the Palm Springs Art Museum. Well, this week we are following up with his progress as well. One of the funnest things to do is to follow an artist’s progression… and that’s exactly what we plan to do this week! Stay tuned!
3. A Meteor Shower Party. One of the best things about living in the Coachella Valley opposed to living in a big city like…. umm… Los Angeles, is the fact that we get to see the big open sky at night. So, when it’s that time of the year when the meteor showers come out to play, we are the one’s with all the perks! This Friday… (*cough*) Friday the 13th (*cough*) there is going to be Meteor Shower party at Integration in Landers, CA. This is what you call ‘Mother Nature’s solo art show’ in my opinion.
4. Summer Soundtracks. What’s better than a summer soundtrack? Not much. What’s better than a free downloadable summer soundtrack? Nothing. Don’t trip, we got you covered. Stay tuned for links!
5. Get Outta Town! The Palm Springs Art Museum is continuing to provide you all with a free weekly ticket outta town… via a free Foreign Film screening. ‘Tis an opportunity you shouldn’t miss! Come back to get more information on where your mind and imagination can travel to this week.
6. A Beefy Blog. There’s a new beefy blog in town and I love it! It’s an arts blog based in the High Desert and they got the inside scoop on the inside story of the inside of artist’s studios… it’s so intimate and great. Can’t wait to share it with you all!
7. DISCOTHEQUE. Say what? What the heck? What does that mean? Discotheque = PARTY. Next Saturday The Coachella Valley Art Scene X DJ Alf Alpha X The Ace Hotel are going to define the word Discotheque for you. So dust off those dance shoes and get ready! The party isn’t just for the young folks, it’s for everyone who feels young too! Let’s get to it!
8. Commercial Break. Tons of videos are popping up all over the place that are based upon some really talented people from the Coachella Valley. And our Commercial Break brings those vital pieces of information straight to your computer screen at a minute’s notice.
9. Randoms. Never can guarantee you just exactly what we might find on the world wide web!! Stay tuned for super cool stuff!!
10. Things 2 Do Thursdays. Party time, excellent. Forget Wayne’s World, we got our own rock scene on and crackin’ out here in the desert… and it’s not going anywhere any time soon.