Good Morning everyone! Welcome back to another wonderful week here on The Coachella Valley Art Scene. This week we have so many fun things coming up, we can barely contain ourselves. This weekend is all about this generation’s Desert Rock n’ Roll: everything that it is, everything that it is not, and everything that comes in association with the term.
So, let’s get it started… we have a lot to talk about.
1. WORLD FAMOUS. World Famous is the party formally known as Discotheque. Yes, we are back for the month of November and we come geared up for a big fiesta, no time for a siesta. DJ Alf Alpha will be on the two turn tables, The Coachella Valley Art Scene will be holding down the FREE art and crafts table again for you guys, and Ace Hotel – Amigo Room will be the host. Make sure to RSVP to the event by clicking HERE and make sure to download the LIVE SET from DJ Alf Alpha from our last party (the mix is the first hour and a half of the party). When you download the mix you will get a sense of what our vibe is like for the night.
2. Desert Rock Series at the IPAC. There is a new 6 part series in town called the “Desert Rock Series at the IPAC” here in Indio. This is a monthly party that features a variety of desert rock bands from all across the Coachella Valley. This event will be going down this Sunday evening, will be $5 to get, and all of your favorite bands, best friends, and favorite blogger will be there! More details coming shortly.
3. Backyard Oasis. When I try to describe what the Coachella Valley lifestyle is to someone who has never been here before I typically, somewhere in the conversation, bring up backyard swimming pools. Backyard swimming pools are definitely an Southern California Summer time staple. The pool is practically an icon, practically defines what living in the desert is all about. This weekend the Palm Springs Art Museum and the Ace Hotel debut a photography exhibition titled, Backyard Oasis Symposium: The Swimming Pool in Southern California Photography, 1945-1980. I am pretty excited about this, it’s going to be cool. Pun kinda intended.
4. Get Outta Town: Serbia. Travel the world via the big screen with the Palm Springs Art Museum this Thursday. We have a round trip ticket from Palm Springs to Serbia and a comfy seat jut perfect for you! Make sure to come back to get more details on the foreign film of choice this week.
5. Sounds of the Desert. This week we introduce an album that just dropped that not only inspires us, but also influences us in great ways. This will be one that is not to be missed.
6. Wednesday Night Rendezvous. You know what it is… Wednesday nights are all the way live here in the Coachella Valley. From electro to punk – we got it covered. Hump day never sounded so good.
7. Commercial Break. As we said above, this week is dedicated to Desert Rock n Roll. This week’s Commercial Break brushes up and exposes all that is new and old, popular and underground, random and strange. Stay tuned in.
8. New Schtuff. As you may have noticed, The Coachella Valley Art Scene has been under construction for a couple months now. Well, we are still hard at work, adding and subtracting and dividing to twerk the website to be just perfect. in addition to web design, we are also going to be starting a monthly newsletter and having very special, limited people special events that take you out of town to art shows worth drooling over. So much exciting stuff!!! We just hope you like everything we put out for you – because, well, it’s all for you!
9. Random. The Internet is a crazy place where things pop out at the you at any moment. Stay tuned in to see all the random stuff that just might surface on the website this week!
10. Things 2 Do Thursdays. Party time! Starting from Wednesday and going hard all the way till Sunday night , the desert’s indie party scene in incredibly rich in culture this weekend. We will provide you with all the essential details that one needs to know.
p.s. don’t forget to email me if you want to share something with me that you think I should share with everyone else!: email@example.com