Have a seat.
Cool off. It’s hot outside.
Laptops, PC, and desktops don’t do well in that 100 degree weather. And neither do we, and neither do you.
This week there are many different ways to cool off and beat the heat while still getting your daily dose of culture and pizazz. All this week we let you know what those things are, and where they are here in the Coachella Valley.
To get out, check it out:
1. WORLD FAMOUS party hosted by The Coachella Valley Art Scene and Alf Alpha at the Ace Hotel this Saturday. We are so excited to bring you another edition of The CVAS blog + Alf Alpha’s monthly party!!! Come craft, dance, drink and chat with cute boys/girls poolside at the Ace Hotel. It’s the epitome of the Palm Springs lifestyle and we are inviting you…. for FREE! Party starts at 10pm and goes till 2am. Come with your creative caps and dance shoes on!
2. Palm Springs Short Film Fest! This whole week is a week that caters to short attention spans and large amounts of creativity at the Camelot Theaters in Palm Springs. More information on the Palm Springs Short Film Festival this week!
3. Paul Frank vs. Palm Springs. This week Paul Frank is inviting the citizens of the Coachella Valley to participate in a traveling art show/contest. We give you all the details today so you can hurry up and submit your work on time to be apart of the show!
4. Explorations of the Desert: Trip Out. We found someone via Tumblr who is here in the Coachella Valley on a trip, and he’s tripping out. Some amazing work by a new cat on the scene.
5. Odd Future Recap. The Odd Future show was insane. We have more photos, words and video to share the epic night with you all. If you don’t know about Odd Future, and are down for punk/hip hop… then do some research.
6. Sounds of the Desert: Blackstrap Molasses. One of my new favorite up and coming bands from the Coachella Valley is Blackstrap Molasses. Earlier this week they announced their new album and album release party. We give you a review and a listen this week.
7. Randoms. Things are going likity-split on the Internet… here one minute, gone the next. So, you never know exactly what we might post, and what we might not post. Best thing to do is to keep an eye out and stay tuned in at all times!!!
8. Things 2 Do Thursdays. Man oh man, we have been so busy recently that we haven’t had the opportunity to post our Things 2 Do Thursdays on Thursdays… however, we promise that will change this week.