And welcome back to another fantastic week here on The Coachella Valley Art Scene!
This week we gear up to serve you with the best of what’s going on in the low down dirty desert. We have a little bit of everything cut out and on the table today…. desert fashion, to desert punk shows, to desert meteor showers, to free museum visits in Palm Springs and everything else in between. All we have to do now is throw it all in the blender, sprinkle a dash of sugar and urgency on it and press “publish”. Once published on the site, you can sip on it slow and steady like a smoothie!
Okay, enough with all this foodie rant…. let’s get down to the business of blogging!
1. CALLING ALL ARTISTS! Painters, photographers, crafters, cinematographers, graffiti artists, fashion designers, and everyone else who falls inbetween….. holler at me. The Coachella Valley Art Scene is in it’s final stages of releasing the first ever….. (drum roll, please) CVAS Online Art Gallery!!! We have a good amount of artists already on there… but are looking for some new kids on the block. If you have art that is ALREADY ready to be sold – please send me an email with photso of your pieces and how much they go for. I will contact you back with information regarding the online gallery after looking over your work. I am really hoping to hear form people who usually hide out in the desert, who are looking for a platform for their work to be sold… there is no limit to my love for art, so send it all. I will get back to each of you. My email is email@example.com (please put in the subject heading: CVAS ONLINE ART GALLERY SUBMISSION) Thanks!!!
2. We are going to Burning Man! Yes, yes, y’all. It’s that time of the year again. In a couple weeks we take off to a place that does not have internet! So, this means… you will need to send me all event info as soon as you can! Blog will still run, but will be slowed down just a bit. We will give you more details about all of that later this week.
3. Foodie Rant with Angie Kat. Popular Angie Kat is back again with another one of her summer time recipes. Make sure to come back to see what Angie Kat is cooking up in her kitchen this week. Always a sweet summer treat with yours truly.
4. Top Tumblr of the Week. We came across a great Tumblr this week and are so hype to share. This Tumblr belongs to a local desert artist, who not only posts photos of his own original works, but also musings from other people….all with an eerie desert twist to them. We love it! And we think you will too.
5. Classic Comedy on Thursday. The Palm Springs Art Museum has been screening classic comedy films in their huge theater all summer…. but it won’t last long, come September it will be all said and done. With that being said… make sure to go check it out while you can! It’s every Thursday, for FREE!!! More info after the jump off…
6. Cinematheque Sundays. Okay, so if you can’t make the Thursday screening then you can most likely make the Sunday screenings inside the Fine Art of Design in Palm Desert. FREE as well, more of an intimate spot, featuring classic films as well. Gotta love the desert for it’s vintage appeal.
7. Perseid Meteor Shower Party. This Saturday is not just date night…. it’s THE BEST night to take your date to the desert. Why? Because it’s the Perseid Meteor Shower Party!!! No better place in Southern California to watch the Meteor shower then here in the desert…. come back for more details on when and where.
8. Skuzzy Punx!!! This Friday there is an epic show going down in the desert and you’d be a fool to miss it. Straight up. If you wanna know what’s going in the desert’s rock ‘n roll scene today then get your @$$ down to the Dillion Roadhouse in Desert Hot Springs on Friday night to get wowed. All the dirty details coming this week on the blog – so stay tuned in.
9. Sunday = Funday, Funday = Freeday!! The Palm Springs Art Museum is opening up their doors to everyone once again for Free 2nd Sundays. Yes, this means that it is compleetly free to visit the museum…and they also throw in a Free Film Screening and a really interesting Artist in Residency workshop program as well. Something for everyone. More details later this week.
10. Desert Fashion. The desert has it’s own estheic. And people love it. People try to replicate it…. but are those people even from the desert?! Desert dwellers/fashionistas show us what the local wear in the desert with a little desert street fashion blog post coming your way. I’m personally very excited for this one 😉
11. Randoms. You never know what(/who) may be lerking around the corner on the internet. Make sure to keep a close eye on the blog, we might just post something that didn’t make it in the Weekly Forecast that we come across mid-week.
12. Things 2 Do Thursdays. Parties are more then just a place to “drink socially” at… they are places where communities are built and born and bred!! This week, like the past 130 other weeks, we feature out famous Things 2 Do Thursdays post and share with you all the parties that invite people, culture, community and creativity.