Welcome back to another lovely week on The Coachella Valley Art Scene.
We just came back from a weekend rendezvous in the Bay Area (more specifically Oakland and Berkeley) and feel so refreshed. We saw some great art, attended community events, ate yummy food, and just enjoyed good company and being away from our computer. ‘Twas grand!
So, we start this week off on a positive note… an energized note… a refreshed note.
There are many things going on in the desert this weekend, so we better get started!…
1. World Famous Party Recap + Halloween Party Prep. Every last Saturday of the month we (The Coachella Valley Art Scene) and Alf Alpha get together to bring to you our monthly dance and craft party, World Famous. Last month was our One Year Anniversary celebration and we packed the house with record breaking amounts of party people/supporters. This month, we host the Ace Hotel’s Halloween party!!! We are so hype!!! You can RSVP now, by clicking here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=294033493943741 and/or get ready for last month’s recap coming later this week.
2. 2nd Hand Shorts. This Saturday, Stacked Book Shop inside of the Fine Art of Design (Palm Desert), will be hosting their own self-curated short film festival. From 3:00pm – 8:00pm you can stop by to check out short films that date back to 100 years old for absolutely free of charge. We give you more details in just a bit!
3. Cinema Speakeasy. Speaking of interesting films screening in the Coachella Valley…. film nerd gang, Cinema Speakeasy, will be hosting a night at the Ace Hotel this Sunday! So, after you geek out all day Saturday, make sure to swing by the Ace to get your Cinema Speakeasy on. More details in just a bit.
4. Global Lens at the Annenberg Theater. Oh! And how could I forget… this Thursday you can watch a free screening of a foreign film at the Annenberg Theater inside the Palm Springs Art Museum. We will give you the film and the details on Wednesday. Thursday, Saturday and Sunday… film galore, but a guarentee that you will never see the same one twice, or pay a dime! Nice.
5. Leisure till you Seizure. There is an epically large skate competition going down in desert this weekend and we shall give you all the details on the blog this week. Skate culture is no stranger to the desert and The Coachella Valley Art Scene is all about it. Stay tuned.
6. INTERVIEWS. We have a couple interviews to publish this week! Yay! One was not conducted by us… it’s an Artist Vs. Artist series that we have going on. We think you’ll dig it. The other one we have on the burner was conducted by us and features one of our favorite artists and muses. Stay tuned in for that!
7. Facebook Fan Page. So, we created a Facebook friends page about 2 1/2 years ago. This was back before they suggested that everyone make a Fan page. Well, now we have 4,900 friends and about 300 friend requests. And although we are very thankful for all of the love, we are SO bummed that we can’t accept everyone’s Facebook friend request because Facebook has a friend limit of 5,000. So, we have created a Fan page and need all the CVAS newbies to Like us there! By Liking our Fan Page you will get all of the same updates as our friends page. Like it here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Coachella-Valley-Art-Scene/167596199941453
8. Explorations of the Desert. We almost forgot about our Explorations of the Desert post. Which is weird, because it was one of our favorites! Explorations of the Desert is a photography series that we post that features only photos taken in the Coachella Valley. You never know what you’re gonna get! Stay tuned.
9. Things 2 Do Thursdays. Things 2 Do Thursdays is a post that we have been producing on a weekly basis for the past …. hmmm… 3 YEARS!!! Isn’t that crazy? Well, this week is no exception…. we bring you the list of what independent music parties and venues are producing so you can attend and support your local artists! Come back on… yes, you guessed it… Thursday to get the low down.