In this edition of Explorations of the Desert we share with you a few photos from local artist, Cristopher Cichocki’s, digital photography collection.
Also, make sure to scroll all the way down to get more information on Cichocki’s ‘Exploring Digital Photography’ course at the Coachella Valley Art Center that is currently taking enrollment.
* * *
About the Exploring Digital Photography class:
“Explorations in Digital Photography is a hands-on, informative workshop taught by multi-media artist Cristopher Cichocki. Throughout this 5 week course students will engage in various methods of digital photography while discussing newly produced photo works in relationship to technique, concept, and experimentation within a constructive classroom environment. Weekly exposure to current innovations in art and photography will also be discussed in multi-media presentations provided by the instructor. Topics ranging from: camera potential, photo equipment, computer software, digital formatting, light painting, long exposures, time lapses, night photography, hi-resolution printing, publishing and creating art exhibitions will be addressed.
Beyond the classroom, students will go on 2 photo shoots / field trips that explore The Salton Sea and other photographic gems in the desert. Photos taken from these field trips will be discussed and implemented in the classroom. Much of the work created will be part of this interactive website that will serve as a forum for discussion and an archive of class-shared information. Students will be given the opportunity to publish a book of their work. * publishing costs are optional and not included within the course fee
WHO IS THIS WORKSHOP FOR?
• Open-minded individuals interested in creating digital photography and learning about photography, contemporary art, and alternative photo techniques in a constructive classroom environment.
• No prior photo experience is necessary. Individuals with beginning to intermediate levels of experience in digital photography are encouraged to apply. A strong interest in photography and new art forms is essential.
• Access to a digital camera for the entire 5 weeks is required (basic point and shoot models to advanced SLR models are all acceptable cameras to work with). Access to a computer after class hours is highly recommended but not a requirement.
• Ages 18 and above are welcome to sign-up.
WHEN AND WHERE IS EXPLORATIONS IN DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY HELD?
A total of 5 classes will be held each Wednesday evening starting January 18 – February 15 from the hours of 6:30 to 8:00 PM at the Coachella Valley Art Center (CVAC) – located at: 45150 Towne St. Indio, CA (next to Indio City Hall)
• 2 Field trips will be scheduled during Saturday afternoons (TBA)
• Students will meet at CVAC and arrange to carpool to and from the site.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
• Cash or check in the amount of $160 will secure participation for the entire 5 weeks of the course. Contact course instructor Cristopher Cichocki at: firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm class availability and arrange your method of payment. * Registration fees are non-refundable.
• Students are encouraged to e-mail questions, examples of work, and/or specific areas of photographic interest so the class can be best-shaped to address specific interests and diversity. (including these items is completely optional)
• Student enrollment is limited. The deadline for registration is January, 11, 2012. However, class capacity will fill up quickly on a first come, first serve basis.”
for more information, please visit:
* * *