Good Morning Monday.
Tomorrow is officially the first day of Fall (or Autumn if you must). This means that you no longer have to spend your days dodging the desert’s sun, those days are gone for now. Those hot and humid summer nights, those are gone as well. Fall has me looking forward to cooler days and nights. More concerts, shows, and eating outside once again…
With that in mind, this week on the blog will be a week in transformation as well…
In preparation for the month of October’s upcoming themed weeks such as “Soft Rock to Punk Rock Week”, “Reggae Week”, and many more, this week will lack one particular theme but dip into a bunch of different art scenes…..
1. Art Scenes from across the board. From photography, to fashion, to music, to theater, to fine arts…everyone is getting a little love.
2. FREE: Films, Events, Music. More free films are popping up around town. Fall also brings more events to the desert. And this week, I am happy to say that I was given a bunch of free downloadable tracks from one of the desert’s top producers. So come by the blog to put some free gas in your Ipod on Wednesday.
3. Things 2 Do Thursdays. I am really excited to showcase all that is going on around town this weekend. The Coachella Valley Art Scene blog is going to be at one of the parties…make sure to check back in which one the CVASb is going to. Hope you can make it out and we can chat it up.
4. STICKER CONTEST. Still going strong. I have had some really cool submissions, but I would love to have some more. A series of judges will be picking out the top 3 sticker submissions by desert artists. And if you forgot the rules from last week, here is how they go: 1. Sticker must say clearly, www.TheCoachellaValleyArtScene.com 2. Must have only two colors, black and white (to cheapen the printing price) 3. Must be at the smallest, 2 x 4 1/2. If you have any detailed questions, just shoot me an email. 4. You can submit as many as you would like. 5. Winning sticker submissions will be printed by the hundreds and passed out all around the Coachella Valley. A great way to expose yourself as an artist. Please send all submissions to, email@example.com
5. Linking up. I would like to take the time to say thanks to everyone who reads the blog and especially to those who give me feedback and suggestions. It is much appreciated. Keep ’em coming. Plus, if you have a website or blog that you would like to share with the rest of the valley, let’s link up. Send me your web address to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Myspace. I hope that if you are reading this that we are friends on myspace too. Through myspace I alert everyone of all the updates on the blog. If we aren’t already friends then please add me on www.myspace.com/theCVartscene.
Thanks for reading and I will see you all again tomorrow!