How was your weekend? How was your Halloween? Hope you all had an amazing time, one to remember.
This week on The Coachella Valley Art Scene we are going to try and cover as much as we can. Are you ready?? There is so much amazing stuff going on in the valley that we can barely keep up!! You got me, and my laptop, sweating over here!! And that can’t be good for my keyboard! Just kidding…. my keyboard isn’t sweating… that’s just me trying to humanize my machine once again…
So, to start November off with a bang, we supply you with the following information:
1. DISCOTHEQUE – Halloween Edition Party Recap. First and foremost I want to say thank you to everyone who came out! We had a great time and couldn’t be happier with the way things turned out. We had the world famous, DJ Alf Alpha, on the turn tables so you know the party was crackin’ all night. Outside, I was doing crafts with everyone. Some people added to their costumes, some people made costumes, and some people just made cool accessories and headpieces to take home for themselves. It was so cool to see what some of your were capable of coming up with. Pictures and text coming to a blog near you.
2. Toy Machine + Epidemic Recap. It’s no surprise that skaters love the desert. I mean, we have a long history of epic spots for the guys. This past week the Toy Machine’s crew came to town and had a good time, desert style.
3. Desert Music Scene – an article by Michelle Castillo. Recently, Michelle Castillo wrote up a lovely article about the current desert rock scene going on here in the Coachella Valley. We read it and loved it and have to share it with you all. Photos by Ken Foto! Stay tuned…
4. Artist Talk. Yackity Yack, don’t talk Back! The artists will be speaking this Thursday at the Marks Centers for the Arts. Who will be speaking? What will they be talking about? Are you going to be there to hear them out? All this and much more will be answered on the blog a little later this week.
5. Cold War Kids! I love the Cold War Kids, and, I love the fact that they will be here in town this Saturday at Pappy & Harriet’s! Score. Make sure to stay tuned for more details.
6. Palm Springs Art Museum. The Palm Springs Art Museum has really putting out some amazing films and events recently, and all for free! I love it! This week they don’t skip a beat – not one, but TWO free film screenings and a free Art Party! More details in just a moment.
7. Scenic Loop Bus Tour. I found this on the Internet and thought it sounded super cool, plus they give a huge discount to students. It’s a really cool tour of some of the desert’s best spots, all going down this Sunday. I’ll make sure to hook it up with the info later this week.
8. Forks Over Knives. Some of the local Coachella Valley green organizations will be offering us all a rare opportunity to watch the highly talked about documentary, Folks Over Knives, this week. Make sure to tune back into the blog to get the low-down on what the Documentary is all about, where it’s being screened, how much, and who is hosting it.
9. Explorations of the Desert: Indio. Hello…. don’t you dare forget about Indio. One of the most richest cities in culture out here in the Coachella Valley. This week we explore just what it is that makes us love Indio so much.
10. Wednesday’s Night Rendezvous. This Wednesday the party scene is going off. We got the Space 120 house party and the Ace Hotel’s Amigo Room punk rock party. So many decisions, so little time…
11. Things 2 Do Thursdays. Our ‘staple’ post! The one that has been around for 2+ years now. A list of all the cool things to do around town for the weekend! How superb! How fun! How convenient!
Thanks again for all the support, guys! Make sure to email me if you would like to contribute to the site, have an event to tell me about, or just want to link up: firstname.lastname@example.org