The Coachella Valley Art Scene is back again for another fantabulous (fantastic + fabulous) week here in the world wide web.
As we all know (and hate to admit), this week in the desert the temperatures will soar. However, here inside the offices of the CVAS blog (inside the air conditioned coffee shop) and within each blog post we keep our cool. We like to set our blog’s thermometer at an easy-breezy 70 degree Fahrenheit.
So, pull up a seat and stay awhile…
1. We are going to Burning Man! We are gearing up to head out to the unknown… aka Burning Man. This means… we will be away from all sources of Internet, technology, cell phones, etc etc etc for a WHOLE WEEK. This means, if you are promoting something that lands between the dates of AUGUST 29th – SEPTEMBER 4th then you need to send all information to me like…. now. Email me at: email@example.com. The blog will still be in operation… just slowed down a bit while we are out of town. More information on all of this Burning Man business later this week…
2. Calling All Artists! Hey there local painters, printers, sculptures, photographers, crafters, fashion designers, etc etc etc…. we are in our final stages of completed and debuting the first ever CVAS Online Art Gallery and are looking to feature a few more people!! We have a good amount of artists already in the online store, but we know there are many people out there that we don’t know about who are amazing. If you are interested in the opportunity of getting your artwork featured/sold on The CVAS’s Online Art Gallery then please email as soon as possible! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Coachella Art Studios!! As you may know/heard The Coachella Valley Art Scene is the Producer/Curator of the Coachella Art Studios (an interactive art installation located inside the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival’s campgrounds). We have been going strong for the past 2 years out there and are excited to gear up for year #3 (2 for the price of 1, since Coachella will be two weekends this year). This week, we debut… exclusively on The Coachella Valley Art Scene… our mini-doc on The Coachella Art Studios 2011!!! Directed by local filmmaker, Steven Preston. Featuring young, local artists from the Coachella Valley. This is a must SEE!!!!!
4. Art Shows a Go Go. Come back later in the week to see what art shows are going on and around town this week. High Desert to Low Desert…. keepin’t it local and keepin’ you in the loop!
5. Classic Film Thursdays. Hahaha LOL, OMG so funny. Every Thursdays these acronyms come to life… that is, if you make it out to the Palm Springs Art Museum’s Annenberg Theater to catch a free classic comedy film. 6:00pm sharp! Be tehre or be square.
6. Explorations of the Desert. This week we take a trip to the East. Not tooooo far East, but the East. And we explore it.
7. Desert Steeze. I have this theory that ever since Coachella Fest, “desert fashion” (aka desert steeze and/or desert swag), has gradually become a one of the most desired looks for Summer time and/or Californian kids. Easy, breezy, with a hint of mystical is direction it organically goes. And although the look can be easily imitated, it can never really e duplicated…. especially, when it comes from the original source. This week we put the spotlight on some of the desert’s most stylish young folks… and they show us how it’s really done.
8. Kylie Knight X Epidemic Skate Shop X The Coachella Valley Art Scene. Kylie knight’s work is in full effect at Epidemic Skate Shop and you should stop by and check it out. She’s really done a marvelous job with her recent solo exhibition at Epidemic and we are soooo proud of the woman. Video, photo and wordage coming later this week.
9. Randoms. You never know what will pop up here on The Coachella Valley Art Scene. The only way to know… is to stay tuned in! Keep an eye on the prize, kids!
10. Things 2 Do Thursdays. This week will be the Coachella Valley Art Scene’s 50th Anniversary for our Things 2 Do Thursday post! Can you believe that…..we’ve posted it on a weekly basis for 50 weeks. That’s crazy. And, we USED to call it Things 2 Do ThursaY (with no S). So, we’ve actually been doing the same post for way longer. Anyways, I should shut up because I’m aging my blog! But, just like wine, blogs only get better with time….